Beggars Pizza COVID-19 Update: March 16, 2020
At Beggars Pizza, we have always prided ourselves with being good members of the communities we are located in. During these uncertain times, we will continue to do our best for our communities, for our customers and for our employees. We will actively monitor developments involving COVID-19 and follow guidance from the CDC, state and local authorities.
We have put extra precautionary measures in place to ensure that we are able to continue to serve you the nourishing, filling comfort food you have come to expect. We want to assure you, that for as long as we are able, we will be here to serve you.
Protecting the health and safety of our customers and employees remains our foremost concern.
On Sunday, March 15, 2020, the Governor of Illinois announced that all bars and restaurants are to close by the end of day Monday, March 16, 2020, through close of business on Monday, March 30, 2020. However, all of our Illinois restaurants dining rooms and bars will be closed as of today.
We will, however, continue to provide delivery service and will also begin to provide curbside pick-up service on a location-by-location basis. In an effort to reduce person-to-person contact and curb the spread of this virus, we will be offering a non-contact delivery service, as well as curbside pick-ups. Please check with your local Beggars to see when curbside pickup is available, we are working quickly to get these in place at each location. We have included information about both of these options below. In addition, we are offering partially baked pizzas so that you can finish off the pizza at home or stock up your freezer.
We will continue to come up with innovative ways to serve you during this time, but as things are rapidly changing, we ask that you please be patient with our staff. All of these new measures we are taking to keep employees and customers as safe as possible have been put together very quickly and we are all learning as we go. Instead of cutting staff, we have shifted our dining room and bar employees over to other areas so that they can continue to work and provide for their families. The loyalty and dedication from our staff has been outstanding- we are beyond proud of them and their efforts and ask that you please give them the respect and patience that they deserve.
We thank you for your patience, loyalty and trust during these challenging times,
The Garetto and Beggars Pizza Family
Beggars Pizza COVID-19 Update: March 13, 2020
At Beggars Pizza, our customers and employees are our top priorities! In response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we are taking extra precautionary measures on top of our everyday efforts to continue to uphold top cleanliness, sanitation and food safety standards. As new information continues to develop about the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we’d like to take this opportunity to reassure you that we’re adopting policies and procedures in response to COVID-19, including:
- Closely monitoring advice and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization.
- Educating our employees on preventative measures recommended by the CDC, including staying at home if sick.
- Increasing the frequency and extent of our cleaning practices, which include sanitizing the surfaces of all key guest touch-points every 30 minutes with proven & effective sanitizing products, as well as increasing the frequency of cleansing all hard surfaces in kitchens, bathrooms, bars, and dining rooms.
- Providing additional sanitation resources to customers and employees, including hand sanitizers, extra soap and paper towels in Beggars Pizza restrooms.
- Implementing heightened sanitation and hand-washing procedures for all employees which include requiring employees to wash their hands every 20 minutes or between tasks.
- Discouraging all personal contact within our restaurants, including shaking hands and embracing.
- Providing safe delivery of all foods in closed containers. All delivery vehicles are equipped with sanitizing wipes for continued cleansing of all surfaces.
- Temporarily closing all restaurant buffets as a precautionary measure, but restaurant dining rooms remain open.
- We will actively follow the guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state/local governmental agencies to revise plans and make decisions accordingly.
We encourage you to do the following:
- Wash your hands frequently, and use a paper towel to dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and then dispose of the tissue.
Additional resources and suggestions for your health and safety can be found here:
We will continue to work around the clock to ensure that Beggars Pizza personnel go above and beyond to keep our restaurants and products safe so that we can continue to serve you and your family during these challenging circumstances.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.
Thank you for your patience and trust. And thank you, as always, for choosing Beggars.